Solutions Architect Manager- Public Sector
- Tel Aviv, Israel
Do you have a passion for helping customers implement innovative IT solutions? Do you have a knack for helping customers build their understanding of new cloud platforms and application architectures, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch and ramp a cloud project on a trajectory to success? Above all, do you want to lead a dynamic team of Solutions Architects bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing, data analytics, and serverless technologies to bear?
Do you want to be a key part of a growing, world-class team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as the leading cloud technology platform? Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated Solutions Architect Manager to manage a team of Solutions Architects (SAs) in Israel and to be a hands-on leader-by-example.
Government, education and nonprofit organizations face unique challenges to accomplish complex missions with limited resources. You would help accelerate our growth as part of the Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) team. This is an excellent opportunity to join AWS's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and disruptive technology companies in the world today.
As a Solution Architect Manager within AWS WWPS, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad usage of AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Relational Data Service, Amazon DynamoDB, and over 100 more.
Your responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagements with customers and solution providers (systems integrators and ISVs), helping to define implementation architectures, responding to RFPs, standing up demonstration and proof-of-concept systems, and achieving ultimate success around specific technical projects.
To achieve those goals-and building on your broad background and technical breadth and depth in security, networking, operating systems, and application architecture - you will have expertise in AWS technologies, and a deep understanding of how applications and services are best built and operated on the AWS platform. In addition, you will lead and mentor a team of highly talented SAs, helping them to set and surpass their own goals.
The ideal candidate will...
• Enjoy working with public sector customers and partners. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for some Israel's largest and most important government, education and non-profit organizations to reduce costs, drive efficiencies, and increase innovation across the country.
• Have a good understanding of government mandates, security, standards, and compliance for designing large scale cloud computing solutions.
• Have a strong understanding of large scale cloud computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working in a technical management role and prior experience as an architect and systems or software engineer. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills and developing new ones, to the point that you can not only contribute to but lead deep architecture discussions around systems and applications in the cloud.
• Have great management skills. You will hire and lead a team of SAs, and must have great people management, mentoring, and hiring skills. You will assess the strengths of your team members, guide them in setting, achieving, and surpassing their goals, and help them to develop professionally to the next level of excellence. You will do all that while yourself maintaining an active personal engagement in the same kind of work at the same kind of high level that you expect from your team.
• You will have the technical and customer-facing skills that will allow you to be the technical "face" of AWS within our solution providers' ecosystem/environment as well as directly to end customers.
• You will be able to drive discussions with senior technical and management personnel within customers and partners, as well as having the technical background that enables you to interact with and give guidance to software developers, IT professionals, and system architects.
• The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. Finally, and of critical importance, the candidate will be an excellent technical team manager, someone who knows how to hire, develop, and retain high quality technical talent.
• Fluent in Hebrew and English
• The right person will be highly technical and analytical, possess significant experience of software development and/or IT and networking implementation as well security and compliance
• A strong career history in software design and development and/or IT and networking implementation/consulting experience in relevant markets
• Experience of technical management in a customer-facing organisation, including rapidly scaling a team and evolving organisational design
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• English and Hebrew fluency
Back to top