Solutions Architect Manager
- Cambridge, MA
This position can be located in CT, RI, MA, or NH.
Do you have a passion for helping government implement innovative IT solutions? Are you familiar with security best practices for applications, servers, and networks? Do you have a knack for helping public sector customers build a deep understanding of new cloud platforms and application architectures, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch and ramp a cloud project on a trajectory to success?
Above all, do you want to lead a dynamic team of Solutions Architects bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to bear on the difficult cost and agility problems facing public sector customers and the surrounding ecosystem of ISVs, systems integrators, and resellers? Do you want to be a key part of a growing, highly respected business development and sales team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as the leading cloud technology platform in the public sector market worldwide?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated, technically deep Solutions Architect Manager to manage a team of Solutions Architects (SAs) supporting a sales and business development team that covers public sector in the US. You will be a hands-on leader, who leads by example. Your experience in building and managing high-performance teams will help accelerate our growing business. This is an excellent opportunity to join AWS's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers, while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and disruptive technology companies in the world today.
As a Solutions Architect Manager within AWS Public Sector, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to a new business unit to help customers succeed with Windows workloads on AWS, Storage Workloads, End User Computing and other emerging technologies. Your responsibilities will include supporting all public sector teams via hiring, developing, and managing a team of technical SAs, to promote AWS as the best place to run these workloads. To achieve those goalsand building on your broad background and technical breadth and depth in security, networking, operating systems, and application architecture you will have expertise in AWS technologies, and a deep understanding of how applications and services are best built and operated on the AWS platform. You also have a rich understanding of IT security and compliance. In addition, you will lead and mentor a team of highly talented SAs, helping them to set and surpass their own goals and to develop their talents and careers. This is a hands-on, detail-oriented, "roll-up your sleeves" environment and requires a passion for innovation, ability to deal with ambiguity as well as an ability to scale and influence broadly.
Please apply if you are passionate about the following:
• Helping our customers to design and create cloud computing architectures
• Our company credo: "Work hard. Have fun. Make history." It's critical to love what you do and take pride in your value proposition to our customers.
• Deep-dive technical discussions around design and a curiosity to always keep your technical skills current while maintaining a pulse on industry trends.
With experience in the following key areas:
• Technical presentation experience White board, small and large group presentations
• Technical Web Services development/deployment experience, cloud computing
• Operational Web site/services operations, management, and security
• Ability to travel 30%
• Lead solutions architecture teams in driving revenue and market share for AWS through technical engagements
• Be a Player-Coach and build and develop a robust team of high technical Solutions Architects
• Work with internal and external partners and OEMs to extend reach & drive adoption of AWS solutions
• Ensure customer satisfaction
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 7+ of enterprise IT application experience as a solutions architect, software or system engineer, or technical consultant
• At least 3 years managing a technical team of solution architects, sales engineers or similar technical roles
• 2+ years of hands-on software development, DevOps engineering, systems administration, Network Administration, IT Security, Systems Architecture or other technical discipline
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• This position can be located in CT, RI, MA, or NH
• 2+ years' working with public sector accounts
• Demonstrated experience working with one or more public or private cloud solutions
• Master's Degree
• Prior experience working at a systems integrator partner
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
• Demonstrated organizational and presentation skills
• Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the AWS services
• Prior experience in a technical role within a sales organization
• Prior experience in state or local government
• Understanding of infrastructure and security requirements, such as HIPAA, CJIS, etc.
• Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development lifecycle
• Ability to travel 30% of the time
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top