Solutions Architect, Edge Services
- Palo Alto, CA
Are you passionate about helping customers utilize the latest in secure, distributed computing and content acceleration technologies? Do you have the ability to put together unique cutting-edge solutions that bring together a global look at security and performance? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an Edge Services Solutions Architect to work with our customers to craft cloud-based solutions.
At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will become a trusted adviser to our customers and will work with AWS sales, business development, and our edge services team to drive edge-services-related adoption and revenue. This will include showcasing services such as AWS CloudFront (CDN), Shield (DDOS Mitigation), WAF (Web Application Firewall), Amazon Global Accelerator and other Edge services.
Your broad responsibilities include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects. You should be as comfortable discussing complex technical details with a room full of engineers as you are briefing an executive audience. In addition, you will engage with other AWS service teams, solutions architects, partner and professional services organizations to drive large and highly complex sales opportunities to closure.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from small businesses and startups to the largest enterprises.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Ensure customer success in building and launching edge-services-related solutions on the AWS platform
• Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
• Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, blog posts, case studies, technical articles, and public speaking evangelism opportunities
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
• 5+ years of experience in application or server architecture and networking
• Experience working with external or internal customers to implement large-scale solutions
• Technical degree required; Computer Science, software development, other technology background highly desired
• Understanding of CDN technologies and communications protocols
Hands-on experience with edge-deployed security solutions for DDoS, WAF, and Bot mitigation
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
• Experience developing edge-services solutions and ability to get hands dirty with code and scripting (e.g, Node.js)
• Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the AWS services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals
• Prior experience in a technical role within a sales organization
• Understanding of application, server, and network security and compliance requirements such as PCI, FedRAMP and HIPAA
• Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development lifecycle
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for New York City, NY.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top