Amazon Web Services () is looking for a to join our thriving technical community and growing business in Switzerland as part of the Swiss Commercial Team. You will join a friendly and supportive team, working together to bring the latest in disruptive computing technologies to organisations serving our large enterprise customers, including businesses in manufacturing, media, pharma, retail, travel and other verticals. We help customers build a deeper understanding of hyper-scale technology and application architectures, and we need to have the consultative and leadership skills required to drive successful outcomes.
As an , you will have ownership of the technical relationship with customers, making recommendations on security, cost, performance, reliability, operational efficiency and best-practice architectures.
Internally, you will be an advocate acting on behalf of the customer to help drive continual improvements to the platform, sharing their needs and wants to inform the roadmap of features and services. You will also help shape the future of the ure organisation by helping to hire, coach and mentor others.
In this role, your creativity will link technology to tangible solutions, with the opportunity to define or invent -native reference architectures with the worldwide community. You will participate in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts) and evangelise and educate about technology (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
If you can educate customers about the art of the possible, while challenging the impossible, come build the future with us.
- Background in any of the following: Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps.
- Have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with business-fluent English and German, to be able to drive discussions in a customer organisation, as well as the technical background that enables you to easily interact with and give guidance to customers working in operational roles.
- A passion for technology and for learning.
- Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT systems - either on premises or in the .
- Working knowledge of native architectures.
- Working knowledge of multiple technology domains, such as distributed internet-scale web or mobile applications, DevOps, Serverless, Big Data, analytics, Machine Learning, enterprise workloads (SAP, VMware, Windows etc.), high-performance databases (SQL and/or NoSQL), complex networking implementations, highly secured workloads etc.
- Experience working in a customer-facing role.
- certification (e.g. Associate or Professional) or other industry certification.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a long-standing top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.