- Tulsa, OK
Come build the future with us! We are a company of builders with diverse backgrounds, ideas and points of view who invent on behalf of our customers.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills. Following an internal move, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join our Architecture team as a trusted advisor to iconic New Zealand brands who are leading the field in SaaS solutions on AWS.
As a trusted customer advocate, the Solutions Architect will work to understand their business needs and provide guidance and best practices on how to leverage cloud technologies to solve these with innovative solutions. The ability to connect technology with measureable business value and help customers solve problems is critical to a solutions architect. You will represent AWS in face-to-face meetings and own the overall technical relationship between AWS and the customer up to C-level.
It is expected you will have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions and experience leading deep architecture discussions. You must be self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges and have a passion for educating, training, and designing cloud solutions for enterprise customers. Software will be your thing and though you may only dabble in hands on coding now you will have a development background to call on and remain committed to curiosity around technology and its evolution.
With a diverse team, flexible work environment and a fantastic culture this is a role where you can take ownership and have a meaningful impact.
This role can be based in either Auckland or Wellington.
To thrive in this roles it is anticipated that you will have:
• In depth experience with the design and implementation of distributed applications
• Experience with modern cloud architectures
• A background in software development tools and methodologies with experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT projects
• A drive to deliver the best outcome for your customer that goes beyond their expectations
In addition to the above it would be great if you have:
• Technical degree; Computer Science or Math background desired,
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies • Experience architecting or operating solutions build on AWS or other public cloud platform
• Experience in technology/software sales, pre-sales, or technical consulting
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
"Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status."
Back to top