Solutions Architect - AWS Well-Architected
- Broken Arrow, OK
AWS Well-Architected is seeking a Solutions Architect who will build out example scenarios and hands-on labs to demonstrate best practices for deploying workloads in the cloud. This person will work with our Partner Sales Managers, Partner Solutions Architects, and Professional Services to help system integrators acquire and maintain a proficiency in conducting Well-Architected Reviews, reviewing the results with the customers, and encouraging and providing the personnel to resolve any critical items or improvements detected in the customers' workloads. The ideal candidate will be just as comfortable talking with the implementation engineers as they are talking with the CTO or CFO.
We want to help our customers build cloud native applications, and adopt new ways of thinking about technologies solutions. We are extending an information rich product that uses advanced tooling to deliver the right content and advise to customers as they build and operate their workloads on AWS. You will enjoy the opportunities in this role if you like working with partners and helping them with their adoption and execution of this solution with end customers.
You will be a core member of the partner team. In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of AWS partners with respect to conducting AWS Well-Architected reviews, implementing best practices to remediate any critical issues, and educate customers and partners on how to improve their implementations. You will be responsible for building and maintaining example workloads and hands-on labs that will be used to educate and on-board partner organizations. You will help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS across the partner community by emphasizing the importance of implementing AWS Well-Arhcitected best practices. Working backwards from the customer business challenges, you will define specific partner technical enablement strategies which enable our customers and partners to become more successful on AWS.
In this role, you will take part in delivering the Well-Architected Framework Workshop and leading labs to enable various partners and as well as to internal stake holders. You will provide leadership for the technical relationship once the partner becomes certified on the framework as their trusted advisor for specific questions on implementation using their tooling and within their processes. You will develop, improve, and execute multi-day workshops, lead white boarding sessions, and respond to inquiries while the partner is learning and implementing the Well-Architected Framework. You will have the opportunity to dive deep on our AWS technologies and will work side by side with some of the top technical talent in the industry.
This senior role will work within the United Kingdom, supporting partners across Europe, to develop and train a list of partners within a geographic area. The ideal candidate will work out of London, United Kingdom.
This is an opportunity to be part of history and transform businesses through cloud computing adoption and growth.
• Deep technical skills and trusted advisor in Solution Architecture and Cloud Computing.
• Customer facing skills, ideally gained within a partner organization.
• A demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• Some travel required (25-40% domestic travel and international travel).
• Own the technical relationship and deliverables for system integrators.
• Assist partners on diving deep on AWS Services as they develop presentation from the Well-Architected Reviews and use the Well-Architected Tool
• 5+ years in a senior technical position with customer facing interactions, and 7+ years overall experience.
• Technical knowledge of common technology systems is required.
• Fundamental knowledge of the basic concerns for operations, security, reliability, performance, and cost.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including group leadership and executive presentations.
• Passion for learning of new technologies and methods
• Relevant professional or military experience.
• Experience working with System Integrators and knowing the market landscape.
• Experience writing technical course content, technical articles, and blog posts.
• Hands-on use of AWS services (or Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud) in distributed environments
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle methods.
• Experience in large scale migrations to AWS or implementing and operating large scale applications on AWS.
• AWS Certifications (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect, Professional, and AWS Developer, AWS DevOps Engineer, Associate Level or Above)
• Technical MS degree (CS, engineering, math, etc.) or equivalent professional or military experience.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top