The AWS Migration Services team is recruiting a Solutions Architect to assist with helping customers plan large scale migrations to the cloud by developing financial assessments that address customer objectives using AWS Migration Evaluator. Migration Evaluator, formerly TSO Logic, delivers accurate data-driven recommendations to right-size and right-cost compute - with more features being developed.
In this role, you will work closely with customers and internal teams to schedule and deliver successful software implementations and ensure top quality results are being presented to AWS customers by articulating assessment results and analyses to customers and internal stakeholders. You will support enabled AWS field teams and AWS Partners as they develop their own assessments using Migration Evaluator. You will work with the customer, AWS account teams, delivery team, AWS Partners, and senior leadership to develop and operate our enablement programs to train AWS field teams and AWS Partner teams to leverage Migration Evaluator. Our service is used by customers, partners, and internal Amazon Web Services teams on a global basis.
Our team puts a focus on balancing life with work, and does this via work autonomy. Our team is mainly focused on supporting customers and this can mean aligning your daily schedule with your meetings, or your personal needs (appointments, etc). Our team is based in Vancouver, Canada with a global presence across multiple countries and time zones so we're flexible with people working from home and we record meetings and minutes/agendas to allow for inclusivity of all time zones and availability.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We're committed to the growth and development of every member of the Migration Evaluator team. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the culture and direction of the Client Delivery team which will improve the life of all of our teams.
The Migration Evaluator team is a growth environment - we're hiring and scaling to meet the needs of our customers. You'll have the opportunity to grow your scope of influence naturally as we scale and will get to help develop others along the way as well.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Come join a smart, innovative team that's obsessed with serving its customers and is having fun doing so in a start-up-like environment!
• Experience in software implementation and delivery
• Practical knowledge of computer software, hardware and networks
• Experience interacting with and presenting to customers or internal teams
• Ability to clearly articulate technical concepts to a business audience
• 2+ years of experience in Solutions Architect or technical advisory role with similar type experience
• Familiarity with AWS architecture (S3, EC2, etc.) or AWS Certified SA Professional
• Familiarity with data center and/or cloud infrastructure management
• Familiarity with licensing models and strategies for Windows and SQL, Oracle, Linux Apply online or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to know more. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us