Solutions Architect, AWS Certifications
- United States
Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, and low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 245 countries around the world. The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Training & Certification team is seeking a driven, talented, and experienced AWS Solutions Architect to advise on the technical accuracy and clarity of certification exam questions and to support the development of custom software solutions and integrations for the development, delivery, and maintenance of AWS certification exams.
In this role, you will join a team of Solutions Architects that help assure certification question accuracy for existing and new certification exams. As an AWS subject matter expert, you will advise question writers with technical expertise and acumen for exam development and provide leadership for certification exam evolution and new exam development. You will leverage your development expertise to architect and develop the next generation of certification development and delivery tools and help automate manual processes. Where applicable, you will leverage and apply AWS Machine Learning services to assist in maintaining certification exam integrity, detect fraud, and provide predictive analytics.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Participate in managing, monitoring, and developing technical certification exam questions
• Design and manage development of internal applications to support exam development, maintenance, analytics, and fraud detection
• Recommend ways to incorporate Machine Learning technologies into internal applications
• Maintain the technical bar for a cadre of expert technical question writers
As cloud technologies continue to transform businesses, skilled individuals are in high demand. At AWS Training and Certification (T&C), we are passionate about revolutionizing the way people advance their cloud skills and careers. We equip diverse builders of today and tomorrow with the knowledge they need to leverage the power of the AWS Cloud. Join our dynamic, fast-growing team and help us empower our customers to build cloud skills.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded employee and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This is a virtual position; candidates must live in the Continental US or Canada.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,300 - $160,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Travel may be required up to 25% of your time.
• 5+ years' experience in infrastructure, networking or database architecture
• 3+ years experience architecting and operating solutions on Amazon Web Services
• 3+ years experience deploying and developing applications on AWS
• 1+ years experience writing Infrastructure-as-Code using CloudFormation
• Understanding of microservices and distributed application architecture
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C++, C#, Python, or NodeJS
• Bachelors/Technical degree required: Computer Science or Engineering desired
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional OR AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment on AWS
• Experience in writing applications that leverage a combination of NoSQL and relational databases on AWS
• Experience building rich data-driven web applications
• Technical question writing experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top