Solutions Architect, Amazon Web Services
- Santa Clara, CA
This position can be located in Oklahoma or Arkansas. Should have easy access to a major airport in any of the above mentioned states.
Do you like helping customers implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Do you have experience helping groups understand application architectures and migration approaches, and the skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
Are you familiar with security best practices for applications, servers, and networks? Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform? Would you like to be part of a sales group, but have your opinion valued as a technical resource as part of planning and strategies?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated Solutions Architect to help accelerate our growing Public Sector practice. As a Solutions Architect within AWS, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver a strategy to build broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services (e.g., Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, and Amazon CloudFront) directly with customers and AWS Partners. Your responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement around specific implementation projects; providing best practices to customers, developing deep expertise in AWS technologies and how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform, and being a subject matter expert on security as it relates to customer applications and services.
As a Solutions Architect on our team, you will provide exceptional technical design and thought leadership to our customers while working with a world class sales and business development team. You will lead efforts to capture and share best-practices within the AWS Solution Architect community. You will gain the opportunity to learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the following:
• Helping our customers to design and create cloud computing architectures
• Our Leadership Principles - It's critical to love what you do and take pride in your value proposition to our customers
• The curiosity to always keep your technical skills current while maintaining a pulse on industry trends
With experience in the following key areas:
• Technical presentation experience - White board, small and large group presentations
• Technical - Experience Designing, Developing, Deploying and/or Migrating to Cloud environments
• Operational - Web site/services operations, management, and security
• Ability to travel 30%
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 5+ years enterprise IT application experience
• 2+ years of hands-on experience in at least one of the following: software development, DevOps engineering, systems administration, or systems architecture
• This position can be located in Missouri or Kansas or Oklahoma or Arkansas.
• Intermediate/advanced knowledge of AWS services
• Prior experience in a technical role within a sales organization
• Prior experience in state or local government or education verticals
• Understanding of infrastructure and security requirements, such as HIPAA, CJIS, etc.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top