• Do you like helping customers solve difficult technical problems?
• Are you great with people?
• Would you like to use the latest cloud computing technologies?
• Do you have a knack for helping companies understand infrastructure & application architectures including the integration approaches?
• Do you thrive for the chance to be consultative while leading technical direction?
• Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services as a leading technology platform?
As a public sector Solutions Architect within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS cloud services within strategic accounts.
The Solutions Architecture team owns the on-going technical relationship with customers. Your broad responsibilities will include owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad knowledge of how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
The ideal candidate will possess communication skills that allow them to represent Amazon well within a customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance to software developers and architects. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key technical member of the Business Development team in helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform.
• Scope each customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
• Own technical direction and design, and help ensure a timely and successful engagement of customer technical staff or AWS partners for implementation
• Advocate for the customer within AWS. Engage other AWS experts where necessary and drive the AWS roadmap to meet customer requirements.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solution architect community
• Provide thought leadership through public presentations and production of technical materials
• Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.
• Understand and exploit internal Amazon systems.
• The right person will combine deep technical ability with excellent people skills, possessing 10+ years of industry experience and strong current solution architecture (implementation/consulting) experience
• Experience architecting infrastructure solutions using *nix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures.
• Experience architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions in enterprise customers. AWS specific experience a bonus.
• Experience working within the Enterprise Software market or Internet industries is highly desired.
• Enterprise application and database architecture a bonus.
• Proficient in verbal and written communication, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Computing Science or Mathematics background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired.
• AWS Certifications
• Background in working with the public sector
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.