- Sunnyvale, CA
Amazon's eCommerce Foundation (eCF) organization provides the core technologies that drive and power the Amazon website and the consumer experience. Millions of customer page views and orders per day are enabled by the systems eCF builds from the ground up.
Business Data Technologies (BDT), within eCF, enables business analytics and insights, providing data and data curation capabilities to thousands of internal and external customers worldwide. We are developing innovative products including the next-generation of data , data discovery engine, data transformation services, and more with state-of-the-art user experience. Join us in pioneering the future of big data processing and analytics solutions for one of largest and most complex data lakes.
We are seeking a talented industry Solutions architect who is passionate about working on high quality products, training and guiding Amazon internal teams to do large scale data processing. You must possess a strong background in owning engagements and the ability to communicate and influence a range of stakeholders including senior management, business partners, software engineering, and customers. You must have a solid and proven track record of driving architecture designs and prototyping resulting in delivering high business value for customers.
- Experience as a generalist Solution Architect
- Specialty on Databases, Apache Hadoop and the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Experience with tools such as Spark, Kafka, Hive.
- Familiarity with SQL-on-Hadoop technologies such as Hive, Impala, Spark SQL, and/or Presto.
- Current hands-on implementation experience required, possessing 5 or more years of IT platform implementation experience.
- Experience in a consultative technical sales with a proven track record of success.
- Ability to gain credibility and build relationships with all levels in an organization, from technical experts to senior executives.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
- Track record of thought leadership and innovation around Big Data.
- Solid understanding of Cloud Computing Technologies and related emerging technology Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to lead effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
- A talent for being able to influence and build mind-share convincingly with any audience. Confident and experienced in public speaking to large audiences.
- Experience operating on agile cross-functional teams- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred.
- Hands on experience leading large-scale global big data / analytics projects.
- Familiar with AWS Services. Experience designing and implementing AWS solutions in business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups.
- AWS Certifications, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Professional, AWS Certified Big Data - Specialty desirable.
- Experience designing and implementing AWS big data and analytics solutions in business environments such as large enterprises .
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top