Do you enjoy sharing your knowledge with teams facing complexity and tough challenges? Are you energized by partnering with clients to design solutions that make effective use of your services?
eCommerce Services (eCS) powers all of Amazon's businesses, providing foundational eCommerce products and services from customer identity to order processing to accounting. Teams across Amazon are our clients, and we are building a program called eCS Productization to help them navigate and compose our services to accomplish their objectives. This program needs a Solutions Architect be the outward face for the complex eCS service landscape. In this role, you will be the interface between eCS and client teams across Amazon who need to leverage or modify our systems. We are looking for candidates who are comfortable at the intersection of technology and business who can help our clients find the best path to achieve their objectives.
For our clients, the Solutions Architect will consult during system design to simplify the client's interaction with eCS products and to validate the design against our architectural roadmap and service design philosophy. For eCS System Owners, the Solutions Architect will contribute client needs and perspectives to product roadmaps to eliminate unserved customer needs.
The Solutions Architect will spend most of their day interacting with client stakeholders, including developers, team leads, and engineering leaders. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create solutions using eCS and client systems.
- Provide face-to-face guidance on system design to client teams. Apply awareness of current and future eCS product roadmaps to help clients find efficient paths to accomplish their goals.
- Produce client-facing service documentation and templates that teams Amazon can use to productize their services.
- Educate client teams on system design principles and best practices.
- Evaluate client and Away Team activity to gain insight into unmet customer requirements.
- Drive iterative change in eCS products to improve client team interaction with services.
- 5+ years application design/implementation/consulting experience defining features for customer-facing products
- Experience with system architecture and design, including decoupling and feature set definition
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Customer-facing consulting experience designing solutions that require development effort for multiple organizations
- Advanced technical degree or MBA
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with software developers and all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top