Come build with us!
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solution Architect team partners with customers to design and build some of the most scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures and solutions. AWS Solution Architects collaborate with AWS Sales and other AWS teams to help address customer business challenges and accelerate the adoption of AWS services.
As a trusted customer advocate, Solutions Architects help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and provide advice on strategies for migrating existing workloads to the cloud. You'll help drive successful business outcomes across a broad set of enterprise customers through your passion for educating, training, designing and building cloud solutions.
You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build deep adoption and broad use of AWS within your enterprise customers, and you will do this by mobilizing resources within AWS and working with our extensive partner network.
Travel is mostly regional, and post pandemic is expected to be 15-20%.
Our team is focused on balancing life with our work, and we do this via work autonomy and by prioritizing solutions and processes that enable us to scale faster than the business. While there may be an opportunity to work from an office (location dependent), working remotely is supported, and often times encouraged. Work hours are flexible and typically self-defined.
Mentorship & Career Growth
One of the keys to AWS's success is its top-tier collaborative culture. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple AWS professionals that can help you accelerate your career and bring ideas to market. You will be working closely with a talented team of Solutions Architects and managers that will push your technical abilities while you bring new innovations to a widely adopted and fast growing service.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Technical degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience.
• 8+ years experience in developing technology solutions, including but not limited to: operations/engineering, networking engineering, infrastructure/database architecture, and/or applications development.
• Broad technology experience including: cloud architecture, applications development, relational databases, NoSQL databases, analytics, machine learning, networking, security, storage, DevOps, containers, serverless, CI/CD, management and monitoring, cloud migrations, IT transformation.
• Experience architecting/designing solutions built on cloud ideal but not required (AWS, Azure, GCP).
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy solutions to the cloud.
• Presentation and whiteboarding skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with internal and external executives, IT management, and technical teams.
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to right level conversations.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
The pay range for a position in Colorado is $122,300 - $160,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.