Solution Architect - Partner - Public Sector
- Taipei, Taiwan
The world is getting smaller and moving faster. What helped companies become successful a decade ago no longer works. Being agile, experimenting more and faster, pivoting, seizing market opportunities is now a matter of survival for startups and enterprises alike.
AWS customers are unshackling themselves from traditional boxes & wires by adopting secure elastic infrastructure, and higher-level services across all areas of technology, from DevOps and Containers to Server-less, Connected Everything (IoT), Mobile, Data Lakes and Analytics (D&A), Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML). Many of these customers can't do it on their own and are looking for quality professional services and consulting firms (aka systems integrators) to help them on their cloud transformation journey. As a result, thousands of AWS consulting partners build AWS solutions for their customers every day.
In New Zealand, we see AWS consulting partners like Consegna, Datacom, Roam Creative, AC3 and many others using the AWS platform to transform the companies that power New Zealand's economy.
This role focuses on enabling AWS consulting partners to build deep AWS specialisation and deliver innovative solutions for their customers built on a foundation of repeatability and automation. Our partners need help in envisioning the art of the possible with the new technologies that AWS has to offer and with putting those ideas to practical use building repeatable solutions for their customers. To best serve our consulting partners and ensure their success, we are looking for technologists who have a knack for helping companies understand cloud, and a passion for learning and for sharing their knowledge with others. Opportunities like this come once in a generation - don't watch history unfold from the sidelines - join us to to build the future together!
As a Partner Solution Architect within Amazon Web Services (AWS) Public Sector team, you will help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share within AWS consulting partners and broad use of AWS solutions across Data, Analytics, Applications, Development, Internet of Things, Machine Learning, Network, Compute, Storage, Database, Security, Containers, Serverless, Media, and others, using over 150 AWS services.
You will own the technical engagement with AWS consulting partners, develop deep expertise in AWS technologies, and build a broad understanding around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
The ideal candidate possesses customer facing skills that will allow them to represent Amazon well within a partner's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel within the company. They also have a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance to software developers and architects. The successful candidate has a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key technical member of the Public Sector Partner Solutions Architecture team in helping to ensure customer success through partners.
• Focus on the technical enablement of AWS partners to help them build repeatable solutions.
• Scope each engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
• Own each technical engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value. (delivery of actual solutions to be done by AWS partners)
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the solution architect community.
• Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.
• Understand and exploit internal Amazon systems.
Want to learn more about being a Solutions Architect at AMAZON Web Services, follow the link : BeaSolutionsArchitect
• The right person will be highly technical and analytical, possess 10+ years of IT experience, including 5+ years of solution architecture experience
• Extensive and demonstrable experience and success working with or for professional services, systems integrators, and/or consulting firms
• Experience architecting infrastructure solutions using both Linux/Unix and Windows with specific recommendations on server, load balancing, HA/DR, & storage architectures.
• Experience architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions in enterprise customers
• Demonstrated ability to influence CxO level executives
• Experience working within the Enterprise software market or Internet industries.
• Enterprise application and database architecture.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• AWS implementation or consulting experience
• Use of AWS services in distributed environments
• Broad based technology experience including: cloud computing, data warehousing, applications development, relational databases, NoSQL databases, MapReduce, analytics, networking, security, storage, compute, continuous deployment, management and monitoring, cloud migrations/transformation and devops.
• Application development experience
• AWS Professional Certification and/or Speciality Certification
• Experience in working with Public Sector in New Zealand.
"Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status."
Back to top