The Cloud is where it's at this goes without saying. Enterprises of all shapes and sizes are moving to the cloud and they need your help to do it. If you want to help migrate companies to the cloud while providing input on the products and services needed to enable this mass migration read on. This is no small challenge as you'll be helping large customers get a great start on their cloud migration journey. You'll use your experience and real-world know how to help customers engage with the Amazon Database Migration Accelerator (DMA) to move their applications to the cloud. If you're interested in having a measurable impact on businesses ranging from educational institutions to multi-national corporations this is the role for you. We are looking for talented migration specialist/architects that are passionate about databases and data warehouses, and are enthusiastic about applying bold new ideas to real-world problems. You will be forward-looking and aware of the latest DB technology offerings (including both relational and NoSQL), and migration methodologies. Databases and Analytics Services at AWS covers a range of data platforms including Amazon Aurora, DynamoDB, Redshift, Athena, as well as AWS Database Migration Service, Data Pipeline, Glue and more. As each service grows, so does adoption by customers world-wide.
Joining the AWS Database Services team as migration specialist gives you the opportunity to:
• Engage with companies in a diverse range of industries and verticals.
• Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize computing in the cloud.
• Work for a company that's at the forefront of the cloud computing space.
• Join the team whose activities are regularly called out publicly by our CEO.
In this position you will deal with demanding customers and pressing deadlines but that just keeps things interesting. You'll have exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience working with cross-functional teams. This position requires a solid technical background, and you should be customer-focused with a passion for the cloud and information technology. You should have deep understanding at least one of Oracle or SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, Teradata, Netezza or Greenplum databases, and knowledge of PostgreSQL, MySQL, or AWS native database engines is highly desirable. Past experience in migration technologies is a plus, but not required.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Working with customers, AWS sales, professional services, solution architects and product teams to drive migrations
• Assessing customer workloads, qualifying applications that are suitable for migration and developing high level statement of work
• Identifying technical solutions to migration roadblocks and guiding database and application developers to implement them
• Presenting final migrated solution to customer, earning their trust and satisfaction
• Researching and identifying new opportunities for AWS to innovate on behalf of our customers.
Note: Travel will be required subject to COVID constraints
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 7+ years as a solution architect, migration specialist, DBA, Database Engineer, or similar role is required.
• Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of one or more relational databases or NoSQL systems.
• Ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope business requirements.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally.
• Knowledge of database migration software and technologies.
• Deep knowledge of more than one database Oracle, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, MongoDB, Cassandra, Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, MySQL, PostgreSQL
• Understanding of the Enterprise services space, particularly database and analytics.
• Experience with building products and services for partners, resellers, managed services providers, and consulting companies.
• Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion.
• Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to detail, proactive self-starter.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
• Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions.
• Experience with software development methodologies and programming languages such as Java or C#.
• Consulting experience is a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.