Software Systems Engineer - Ground Terminal Networks
- Redmond, WA
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Have you wanted an opportunity to drive the development of networked ground systems for an advanced satellite broadband telecom service? The Ground Systems team is developing globally located high data rate satellite communication terminals which are a critical part of our global ground network and which maintain critical connectivity from the ground to the complete Kuiper constellation. We seek a motivated, results oriented Software Systems Engineer with Networking background to help our team bring the Kuiper vision in to reality.
The Ground Systems team is driving the development, deployment and long term operability of the Kuiper satellite ground network terminals. These terminals include full motion parabolic antennas, localized networking including Software Defined Network interfaces, terminal control and monitoring systems, and embedded fault management systems. These systems form the communications backbone for out constellation and need to have mission-critical reliability, uptime, and performance.
In this role you will:
• Become am owner and key member of the Ground Systems development team with a focus on ground terminal networking and control systems.
• Work with our peer teams, suppliers, and customers to develop the terminal networking infrastructure, control structure, and interfaces to fulfill the mission needs.
• Design the networking elements from a system perspective to meet the mission criteria and requirements.
• Provide leadership to ground terminal development performed by amazon teams and product suppliers from requirements through integration and test.
• Define and implement custom networking protocols, network security, quality of service, communications infrastructure and network management tools providing best-in-class network services for ground terminal systems.
• Define and automate processes for operations and maintenance of our ground terminals including incident resolution.
• Collaborate with teams and suppliers to develop software, networking and data interfaces and architectures and document such via interface control documentation and applications interfaces.
• Ensure delivered terminal systems meet Kuiper performance needs including availability, reliability, upgradeability, interoperability, and security requirements.
• Collaborate with your fellow Kuiper team members to form a strong foundation for a software and networking organization in Project Kuiper.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• Bachelor's degree in CS, CE, or related field, or equivalent work experience
• 5 years delivering software and local area networks in a production environment
• Experience developing software and/or networking systems for satellite communications systems
• Hands-on experience with designing and developing performance optimized and highly available networks
• Experience with embedded systems
• Hands-on experience with satellite communications and management software
• Experience with Mid-Earth Orbit and Low-Earth Orbit satellite ground networks and associated systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top