Software Strategy, Governance, and Compliance Manager
Amazon is seeking a Program Manager for the Technology Sourcing and Infrastructure (TSI) Team with a focus on Software/technology products. This role will have heavy impact and high visibility to essential, business-critical processes, and will be responsible for supporting Senior Leaders, Directors, and Vice Presidents within the organization to align key stakeholders on third party software vendor strategies, drive cost-out, mitigate risk, and manage Software governance/compliance projects. The position will partner extensively with stakeholders such as finance, legal, corporate IT support, corporate IT infrastructure, financial systems teams, HR systems teams, and Data Warehousing teams. You will leverage your educational and applied work experience to help drive cost-out of the organization, improve processes (both efficiency and customer experience), as well as identify investment and prioritization opportunities within these business units. You will share frequent progress reports on initiatives with Senior Leaders. Examples of initiatives include supporting negotiations with Fortune 100 companies, driving vendor-specific programs to manage demand/usage, and managing quarterly/monthly vendor business reviews.
The manager will be responsible to partner with various business owners across the organization, to define requirements for our purchasing needs, and to align with key stakeholders an sourcing teams to establish vendor strategies for the various spend categories. The manager will serve as a single point of contact for key IT vendors, and negotiate all aspects of the relationship including total cost of ownership, payment terms, termination, and maintenance/support, for Amazon. This person will consolidate software asset management processes and systems across the enterprise. The role will also provide ongoing customer support to external and internal customers, and act as a liaison, resolving any issues that may arise with a contract or supplier. The spend categories include, databases, software licenses, and some other 3rd party resellers and contractors.
The candidate should possess strong negotiation and influencing skills, analytical skills, the ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, a work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations, and strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication.
- Plan, manage, and execute strategies for Key Amazon IT vendors
- Identify, Manage, and Mitigate risks associated with third party software licenses
- Build strategies, align with stakeholders, and partner with business to execute.
- Identify and Develop best practices for vendor management
- Partner cross-functionally across multiple business units, both within Corporate IT and across the company, and cross-functionally with finance, legal, tax and procurement teams.
- Structure multi-year/long term strategic relationships
- Identify and mitigate risk in strategic relationships contractually and by diversifying spend
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or other technical field from an accredited university or
- 5+ years' relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Prior program management experience
- Prior software asset management and/or software governance compliance experience
- Familiarity with negotiations and IT contracts
- Strong operational business understanding, including potential impact of business decisions on various internal/external stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and levels of management
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top