Software Quality Assurance Technician
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Software Quality Assurance Technician, you will join the team of hands-on, passionate and seasoned SQA professionals developing innovative consumer-centric product solutions. In this role, you will:
- Maintaining the Lab executing automation tests
- Execute automated tests
- Maintain the lab inventory
- Bring up autiomation test beds supporting the automation framework
- Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality
- Review product user interface for conformity to isolate infrastructure dependenicies
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality
- Work with Quality Assurance Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each automation feature is implemented
- • 2 year technical degree (preferably Engineering or Telecommunications)
- 2+ years of experience in a Consumer Electronics lab environment
- Experience planning and maintaining lab facilities for optimal efficiency and creating new processes when necessary
- Troubleshooting skills – specifically in the following areas: Wi-Fi, Switch, Router.
- Experience in Linux environment.
- Scripting experience using Python, shell script.
- Familiar with Automation Environment
- Understanding of networking.
- Previous roles in QA or QA Automation a plus
- Certifications: Network+ or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Experience in Ubuntu
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top