Software Quality Assurance Engineer - Multimedia
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Our Multimedia QA team works to ensure multimedia FireOS components - audio, video and DRM are bug free on Amazon's FireTV and Fire Tablet devices. The team also works on various developer tools, and media players to better enable Amazon's partners in their quest to develop applications for these devices. The ultimate goal is to ensure Amazon's customers have the best possible multimedia (Audio, Video, DRM and 3P app) experience across all applications and devices produced by Amazon.
Achieving this means working closely with our Amazon-external partners (Netflix, Hulu, HBO, etc.), Amazon-internal partners (FireOS team, Amazon Video, etc.) and Multimedia Developers owning Audio, Video and DRM components in FireOS. A key element of this work is in testing these applications (and other internal features and tools) and components to spot any quality escapes resulting from application changes or platform changes. For this we need Software QA Engineers with experience in multimedia (Audio, Video, DRM).
Software QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementations. Software QA Engineers also work with groups such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests. Software QA Engineers are also responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
If you think you could do this job with passion and enthusiasm, and would like to have a front seat in the ongoing revolution in how people consume content, then please apply as we would love to hear from you!
- Responsible for development, deployment, and execution of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses.
- Will work with a team of quality engineering professions to ensure the highest quality product is delivered.
- 8+ years of QA experience on QA methodology and tools.
- 4+ years of hands-on scripting/programming experience.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- Experience in media related product testing.(audio/video/multimedia/consumer products)
- Experience validating high quality consumer facing applications on embedded communications platforms
- Experience validating consumer user interfaces
- Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top