Software Quality Assurance Engineer
QA Engineers test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QA Engineers use black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques; they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools. Software QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. Software QA Engineers also work with groups such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests. Software QA Engineers are also responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
Develop test strategies and create appropriate test harnesses.
Work with a team of quality engineering professions to ensure the highest quality product delivery
Communicate with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
Establish and enforce professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Automate the validating of modern user interfaces and messaging infrastructures
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field and years relevant work experience, or relevant work experience
- 3+ years experience in a test or development role as part of a product development organization which has delivered consumer oriented products
- Knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Experience in Python/Java coding and user-level automation
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
- Experience in the domain of Machine Learning and Computer Vision
- Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and ability to multi-task on multiple products and projects
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with executing performance, longevity and device interoperability tests in the confines of the mobile application space
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top