Software Quality Assurance Engineer
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon E-Readers, and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
Do you have a passion for consumer electronics? Do you want to enhance the quality of software for the latest tablets, e-readers, audio devices and the back-end infrastructure that supports them? If so, the Device to Customer (D2C) Demo team needs you! We are working on best-in-class demo retail demo experiences for the broad family of Amazon devices. We work on interesting projects, strive for a great work-life balance and have fun working on the latest devices before they hit the stores!
If you are a talented, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic Quality Assurance Engineer who is passionate about quality and delivering the best customer service, then we want to hear from you!
- Development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses.
- Work with a team of quality engineering professions to ensure the highest quality product delivery.
- · Work with developers to identify the root cause and resolve issues.
- · Use professional software engineering practices & best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- · Communicate with internal/external teams and management on requirements and status updates.
- · Work in test driven development and establish test infrastructures
- · Automate the validation of user interfaces.
- · Interact and coordinate test activities among multiple teams
- · Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills.
- 3+ years of experience as part of a test team
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
- · 3+ years of experience in QA methodology and tools.
- · 3+ years of experience in industry standard test automation tools and experience in developing product test harnesses and instrumenting products to gather test results.
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- · Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- · Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in house developed tool sets
- · Strong understanding of automation and how to apply where possible
- · Comfort and familiarity with common data structures, algorithms and collections.
- · Familiar with the Eclipse IDE or logical equivalent.
- · Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and are able to synthesize the results
- · Proficient in an object oriented programming language.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top