Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Millions of customers around the world shop Amazon's product detail pages. This is where we show information about a product: the image, price, description, reviews, etc. The accuracy of the information on the product detail pages is critical to ensure our customers can to make the best shopping decisions. Our aim is to build an ecosystem of brands, vendors, sellers and product enthusiasts to build the most accurate product catalog in the world.
We are looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer who has experience in owning QA of major releases from end to end. She/He should be able to run quality assurance test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools.
QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. QA Engineers also work with groups such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests.
QA Engineers are also responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
- Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/ Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
- 5+ years of experience as part of a test team
- Experience in driving QA end to end releases
- Experience in proposing and driving process changes
- Experience validating consumer user interfaces
- Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files
- 5 years in user-level automation
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements
- Experience with mobile, but not a must
- Has creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
- A sense of humor and demonstrated ability to have fun
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top