Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Austin, TX
Ring is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join a team of hands-on, passionate professionals developing innovative life safety products. The person in this position will be responsible to qualify products and features developed by cross functional sprint teams. Develops test plans and test cases mapping to product requirements and technical implementations. Detects and reports UI, API and system wide defects and participates in triaging defects. Automates test cases to assist with production release regression testing. Prepares test reports and release readiness reports for components, APIs and product feature integrations.
• Work closely with cross functional sprint teams to qualify and prepare to release Ring products and corresponding companion applications (mobile and web apps).
• Develop test plans and test cases mapping to product requirements and technical implementations.
• Prepares and distributes test reports and release readiness reports for stake holder review.
• Actively contributes to QA support functions - UI and API Automation, triage issues, troubleshoot issues, conduct API tracing, and support production release testing.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field.
• 3+ years of experience as a QA Engineer, SDET or similar QA role in a cross functional sprint team.
• 1+ Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application testing or development.
• 1+ years of experience in automating UI and API test cases.
• Experience in coordinating with cross functional teams and developing test plan and test cases mapping to technical implementations.
• Experience in preparing and presenting test reports to stake holders.
• Experience working in a MAC and Linux environment and utilizing virtual machines.
• Hands on experience working with IDEs - Android studio, Xcode, intelli J.
• Knowledge of wireless connectivity technologies, such as WIFI, Bluetooth, especially ZWave, Zigbee.
• Experience with QA report management tools - Jira, Confluence, Testrail.
• Experience with production monitoring and deployment tools - Splunk, Kibana, Datadog, Jenkins.
• Knowledge of IOT device development or testing, specifically Home Security Systems.
• Knowledge of testing Alexa Skills and Alexa Voice Services.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills to plan and delivery quality products on time.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the first-ever video doorbell, to the award-winning DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone - while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.
Back to top