Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- London, United Kingdom
The Fire TV team is looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented Quality Assurance Engineer who has experience testing consumer products such as set-top boxes, Tablet Computers, etc built on Android operating system. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact and work on cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. In this role, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products.
As a QAE on the Fire TV QA team, you will champion the quality of our features in our development pipeline using both automated and manual tests, reporting and verifying defects, and signing-off on features and release candidates. You will own authoring and the execution of test plans and test cases. You will be the primary interface with our external certification partners to guarantee quality of our products. You will have a significant impact in the quality and delivery speed of our software, our business, and most importantly our customers. You will work closely with developers, product managers, and other QA in order to ensure the features we deliver to our customers have a high level of quality. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to propose improvements to our existing processes and automated tools in order to improve the team's speed, quality and efficiency.
The candidate will have good hands-on experience in test automation and testing, with good knowledge of the core software testing techniques and drive quality upstream.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent.
• 8+ years of professional experience in a QA role
• Proficiency in at least one scripting/programming language
• Experience in designing and developing/extending automation tools and frameworks
• Experience in developing high quality test plans, test cases and executing them.
• Experience testing Android devices or other consumer electronic devices.
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
• Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and ability to multi-task on multiple products and projects
• Dealing with ambiguity and exceptional problem solving skills
• Experience with open source test tools
• Experiemce working with certification 3rd parties
• API automation testing including working experience with unit test automation frameworks
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top