Software QA Manager, Alexa Smart Cloud
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. Interested in Alexa and Amazon Echo? Come work on it. We're building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services.
We're working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
The Echo Software organization is a growing and innovative team responsible for the device software. We are expanding to include cloud services that will extend the capability of our devices. This presents a unique opportunity in software testing of hybrid device/cloud solutions. The Echo Software team is looking for a highly motivated, customer centric Software Quality Assurance Manager to drive world class quality in the platform and services. The successful manager will be obsessed with quality improvement, experienced and highly committed to creating world class automation for regression and feature testing; able to develop and drive a high-level strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy. Responsibilities include understanding how all the various parts of the Alexa/Echo software ecosystem work, developing QA approaches that fit the overall strategy, overseeing the execution of test plans, and monitoring the progress of testing. The successful candidate is an experienced but hands-on manager who can build an organization that can scale from its current size.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant technical discipline
- 7+ years of technical industry experience
- 5+ years of people management experience
- 3+ years of hands-on testing experience
- 3+ years of testing background in Linux environment and using shell scripts
- Experience in SQA methodology and tools, including programmatic-level testing and user-level automation is a plus
- Experience in UI testing
- Experience driving the QA of cloud services
- Experience in android consumer devices
- Experience in agile software development methodologies
- Hands-on automation experience with proficiency in one or more languages (Python, Java, etc.)
- Strong people management skills, with a proven ability to hire and grow talented programmatic and user-level personnel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of working effectively with Development Engineering and other functions
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top