Software QA Engineer
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer in Automation, you will work with consumer application testing expertise. You will join a team of hands-on, proactive, self-motivated and seasoned SQA professionals. In this role, you will:
- Develop and execute automated tests and test plans for Fire tablet projects
- Efficiently execute test cases across all functional areas of our products
- Review product user interface for conformity to design guidelines
- Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
- Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
- Work with software development engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of software QA testing experience
- 3+ years of experience in testing methodologies, experience with standard QA and development tools, and the ability to operate within short release cycles
- 3+ years of software QA automation experience working with the following technologies: PHP, CSS, HTML, Java, Java Script, Python, PERL, etc.
- Load testing experience
- Reporting skills, proficient in creating status reports based on automation results
- Product experience with wireless consumer electronics
- Highly methodical test discipline, applicable to all product UI
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top