As a Software Program Manager in Technology Sourcing and Infrastructure, you will work with our customers, partners, software vendors, and operational stakeholders to identify broadly applicable business problems and maintain a catalog of software solutions to those problems. You will spearhead the definition of new capabilities through expertly crafted business requirements documents. Given the breadth of the services, this role requires coordination across many internal and external teams and will be visible to Sr. Leadership. This role will lead through influence in the technical space but will need to pivot between business, operations, legal, and technology teams.
A successful candidate will have significant experience managing complex business challenges and have the ability to influence and drive large cross-functional initiatives forward. They will have a strong bias toward data driven decision-making, and an innate ability to understand how metrics relate to business problems. We are seeking an individual with the ability to communicate priorities and work effectively with stakeholders across Sr. leadership, engineering, product, finance, and business teams. They should be comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy solving challenging problems. We are a collaborative team and strive to keep open channels of communication within our team as well as with partners and stakeholders.
This role will be responsible for owning the available solutions for a given software product category (e.g. Business Intelligence, Program/Project Management), working with technical teams to spin up centrally managed ownership of preferred solutions, identifying gaps in features and functionality that prevent other teams from using this solution or drive them to other options. They will need to develop programs and strategies to improve the customer experience in key focus areas and translate all of this information into a variety of formats consumable by teams and individuals with varying goals and focus. This individual will also act as a subject matter expert on the category of software, and a trusted advisor to other teams assessing the use of the same or competing products.
Roles and Responsibilites
• Creating a software category strategy that appeals to the broad needs and requirements of Amazonians worldwide.
• Defining product requirements documents based on an intimate knowledge of target customers, and product.
• Owning the process from identifying stakeholder teams, defining business requirements, working with technical and security teams to arrive at comprehensive technical recommendations, and helping to drive decision making on the best solutions.
• Leading meetings with key customers and stakeholders, creating tools to support the success of the program, and helping to identify opportunities to increase that success.
• Be an evangelist, promoting new solutions and features to internal customers, defining success metrics, and accelerating adoption while simultaneously protecting and enhancing the customer experience.
• Identifying new opportunities for IT to drive innovation on behalf of our customers.
• Becoming an expert in a software domain and being able to identify gaps in your current knowledge, fill those gaps, and clearly communicate what you've learned to stakeholders and peers.
• Bachelor's degree or relevant experience.
• 6+ years program management experience on a global scale.
• 5+ years of experience owning and driving end-to-end large-scale cross-functional programs.
• Experience with Enterprise Software applications (deployment or sourcing)
• Experience with driving new product adoption
• Strong technical background - either software engineering or technical program management experience strongly preferred (e.g., experience as a lead programmer, technical program manager, or similar).
• Experience with security/risk compliance
• Able to prioritize activities in complex projects/programs, and influence stakeholders, at times with limited direct authority.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple technical projects from concept to deployment
• Strong project management skills of breaking down tasks, simplifying roadmaps, establishing owners and timelines, and status reporting
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes, resourceful and creative in collecting data, with experience collecting large amounts of data and translating it into requirements
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us