Software Engineering Manager (Security Engine)
- Seattle, WA
Amazon's core AWS Nitro team is responsible for the design and maintenance of all of Amazon's core compute platforms. We have a special focus on our Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) that is the basis for much of AWS. We are also responsible for building the infrastructure and tools associated with security, operational safety, performance characterization, qualification, build and deployment of our platforms.
We are seeking out a Software Engineering Leader to own/build the software components required to manage the full life-cycle of our server platforms. We need to continue building out the engineering team, establish timelines, and manage deliverables. Multiple development teams will act as your customer and coordinating requirements across them will be essential.
Responsibilities will include:
• Manage a team that develops software for the Nitro infrastructure
• Work across various environments from team labs to public EC2
• Champion continuous improvements to testing coverage, diversity, and alarming
• Lead the team to schedule and manage the contents for future and on-going upgrades and releases.
We are looking for an ambitious self-starter with a passion and experience in development and automation. We need proven analytical capabilities, strong persuasive writing skills, and the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate is expected to have solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, and expertise in C/C++/Java development in a Linux environment. Specific, in-depth knowledge of the use, design, and development of Linux operating system internals is preferred.
We value work life harmony, and support core working hours from 10am to 4pm Pacific. Some of the team starts early and the rest stay later. We're committed to the growth and development of every member of EC2. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the culture and direction of the entire EC2 organization and deliver initiatives that will improve the life of all our teams.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
• 7+ years' software experience in a modern programming language, such as Java, Scala, C or C++.
• 4+ years of building, retaining, and managing high performing diverse and inclusive teams (performance review communication, accountability, motivation/engagement)
• Experience with designing and building large scale systems
• Track record of defining and executing on complex projects
• Experience leading teams using multiple languages
• Excellent problem solving skills; ability to simplify and innovate
• Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to collaborate, be both highly motivated and motivating
• Proven results oriented person with a bias to action
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top