Software Engineering Manager (Fargate)
- Tokyo, Japan
The AWS Container Services organization is responsible for building and operating some of the core services that help customers run containerized microservices, including Amazon ECS, Amazon EKS, AWS Fargate, Amazon ECR, and AWS App Mesh. We have an ambitious road-map that seeks to redefine how our customers build their applications and run them at scale. Fargate is one of our biggest areas of investment. Here, we seek to let developers take full-advantage of the speed, agility, and immutability that containers offer so they can focus on building applications rather than managing infrastructure.
Fargate is growing fast and we are expanding our team to help build additional features for our customers. This is a great time to join a growing team and help influence what we can do for customers who are adopting serverless containers and all the benefits Fargate brings them.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Leader to head up one of the core teams on Fargate. This team owns core services for Fargate and works closely with teams across AWS. We have several exciting projects on our roadmap for 2021 that we are looking to this team to build and deliver.
If you are someone who is interesting in building high performance software, passionate about freeing developers to focus on building applications instead of managing infrastructure, and looking to help grow a team, this job is for you. You'll be leading a growing team of passionate engineers with a charter to make Fargate the best serverless compute primitive for containers.
If you join our team, you will:
• Obsess over your customers and deliver a first-class experience for them
• Build a diverse team of highly passionate and talented technologists
• Own the complete software development life cycle: definition to delivery
• Understand how to build, grow, and operate a global AWS business at scale
• Operate a public AWS service with globally distributed customers and servers
• Take ownership of ambiguous problems and deliver solutions for them
• Use data to make decisions and validate assumptions
• Learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• 7+ years' experience in system software development and delivery
• 4+ years' experience building, leading, managing and mentoring high-performance engineering teams
• Experience with object-oriented design and implementation (Java, and/or C++), preferably on Linux
• MS in Computer Science or related field
• Technically sound in software development activities and life cycles.
• Experience with containers and the broader container ecosystem.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Solid knowledge of Linux fundamentals.
• Internet and operating system security fundamentals
Back to top