Amazon's Elastic Container Service (ECS) is the very-best way to run containers in AWS. We require Engineering Managers who want to make ECS even better! We own and provide the infrastructure that our customers use to launch hundreds of millions of containers each week. Our ability to scale and launch new features while maintaining availability is what sets us apart and keeps us growing fast.
If you join our team, you will:
• Obsess over your customers and deliver a first-class experience for them
• Build a diverse team of highly passionate and talented technologists
• Own the complete software development lifecycle: definition to delivery
• Understand how to build, grow, and operate a global AWS business at Internet scale
• Operate a public AWS service with globally distributed customers and servers
• Take ownership of ambiguous problems and do what it takes to get the job done
• Use data to make decisions and validate assumptions
• Learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best
You will be joining and growing a team with the charter to make containers the new compute primitive and the first choice when architecting modern applications. Here, you have the chance to be a part of defining how developers use containers at the world's largest cloud computing company.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• 7+ years' experience in software development and delivery
• 3+ years' experience building, leading, managing and mentoring high-performance engineering teams
• MS in Computer Science or related field
• Experience with large scale distributed systems.