Software Engineering Manager
- Seattle, WA
AWS Kendra is one of the fastest growing AWS Artificial Intelligence service that use cutting edge ML technology to power intelligent enterprise search. Using ML, we boosts the productivity of the entire organization by unifying various content platforms into a personalized, AI-powered search experience. Kendra is breaking the frontier for search by building zero to one solution ground up and involves working on highly distributed system with high load and low latency. We have a team of extremely passionate engineers who help drive world class innovation in Kendra and strong roadmap to make Kendra the most cost efficient and default choice for search by enterprise customers. While we operate with DAY-1 culture and focus on speed, innovation and customer delight, as a team, we work very hard to stride for healthy work life balance with operationally stable codebase.
As a manager in AWS Kendra, you will be responsible for wearing many hats and owning critical pieces of the product. You will help in defining the creative vision, product requirements, and user experience while also leading a software engineering team to drive the product from concept all the way into customer's hands. A successful candidate should be highly autonomous and able to be an independent problem solver. If you can communicate clearly, have a passion for native cloud products and love to lead world class engineering teams then come join us in making history and disrupting the search industry!
As a part of this role, you will:
- Build and manage a team of Software Engineers.
- Foster career growth and a strong team culture.
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach technical staff.
- Interface with our external customers to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
- Own all operational metrics and support for your team's software.
- Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver value to customers.
- Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related field) or equivalent industry experience
• 7+ years of software development experience
• Experience leading the delivery of large-scale systems
• Experience with big data, cloud computing, or large-scale distributed systems for commercial online services that require high availability and performance
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including non-technical
• Demonstrable xperience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Demonstrable ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Back to top