AWS seeks to hire experienced Engineering Leaders to help us define and build the future of cloud computing! This position is a leadership role in the virtual networking system (called Virtual Private Cloud, or VPC). In this role, you will lead a team contributing towards building the core software required to implement AWS VPC.
With us, you will provide leadership and management for a development team to innovate and deliver core data plane software required to support EC2 Networking organization. This is a hands-on position that requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of data-plane software development, DevOps roles, continuous integration, infrastructure tools and distributed systems, as well as demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, refactoring, and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment.
What makes this team a great place to work?
• Core VPC Team Our team owns to VPC data plane for EC2 cloud. You will have the opportunity to make a large impact by delivering features for AWS VPC.
• Opportunities for growth and leadership - You will have the opportunity to work with principal engineers, seasoned managers, research scientist and senior engineers, as well as influence and shape the direction of the VPC.
• Scale New Heights - With cloud adoption accelerating, we are challenged with fun, complex problems at an unprecedented scale. You will be challenged to create technical solutions and process that work at the AWS scale.
Ready to make a durable mark on the computer industry? Come join us for this unique opportunity that blends leadership, technology, and accelerating customer growth!
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
• 7+ years' software experience in a modern programming language, such as Java, Scala, C or C++.
• 3+ years' experience managing and developing direct reports (performance review communication, accountability, motivation/engagement)
• MS or PhD in Computer Science
• Deep understanding of computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms
• Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
• In-depth knowledge of embedded systems
• Experience with Software Defined Networking
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us