Software Engineering Leader (AWS PrivateLink)
- Seattle, WA
Do you want to help create a product that is used by millions of people every day and changes the way developers architect and build solutions? Are you passionate about helping other entrepreneurs as well as "intrapreneurs" at innovative corporations take new ideas to market?
AWS' Compute Cloud (EC2) enables this with pay-as-you-go pricing and no up-front costs that our customers would otherwise have to go hunt for budget to fund. Our group (AWS PrivateLink) is an essential piece of this puzzle, offering an easy and intuitive way for applications to securely integrate with remote services and data sources. In this role specifically, you'll be leading a team building the next generation of our product.
Why should YOU consider joining AWS PrivateLink? Here are just a few reasons:
• We ship software frequently, get fast feedback from real customers around the globe, and see the results of our work come to fruition.
• You will face complex technical problems that require innovative solutions. For example, how do you ensure customers can scale their application quickly to 200 times more traffic and then back down in a matter of minutes?
• You will have the opportunity to take projects from just an idea, to scoping requirements, all the way through to the actual public launch.
• We are always looking for ways to make configuration, maintenance and visibility as easy, intuitive and time efficient as possible for our customers.
In this role, you will be responsible for the distributed systems that provision and manage the next generation of our platform. Our scale is growing rapidly and we are looking for a leader to build systems which will allow us to scale for the next decade.
A successful candidate will be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, be very customer-centric, and they should be ready/able to think BIG. This candidate will also be very savvy at motivating teams and managing change as we transform how we operate our service. An ideal candidate will be passionate about building resilient, scalable and high-performance services. This person has a proven track record of building a culture centered on customer focus, efficient execution, high quality, rigorous testing, deep monitoring, and solid deployment practices.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• 7+ years' experience in system software development and delivery
• 4+ years' experience building, leading, managing and mentoring high-performance engineering teams
• Experience with object-oriented design and implementation (Java, and/or C++), preferably on Linux
• Experience building scalable, fault-tolerant infrastructure software or distributed systems, preferably on a Unix or Linux platform
• Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
• MS Computer Science or related field and 10+ years of experience managing software development.
• Knowledge of networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS and TCP/IP
• Knowledge of socket programming, multi-threading and system-level programming
Back to top