Software Engineer - Security Automation
- Herndon, VA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses. We are passionate about thinking big, innovating on behalf of our customers, and tackling problems at scale. Cloud computing is disrupting, and we are eagerly seeking talented, entrepreneurial-minded individuals to join us as we continue build on the AWS platform. AWS is the largest cloud provider in the world, serving nearly 1/3 of all internet traffic. One in two of our customers come to us for help creating the future of the internet, and you will own the customer experience for the cloud based tools they use.
The AWS Application Security Team is looking for a curious and motivated engineer and leader to build great workflows and backend engines for our customers. We own protecting customers and hardening all the services and features we launch for those customers. You will be responsible building tooling that AWS product teams use to build secure code in partnership with AWS Security Engineers and Product Teams.
A Software Engineer must produce results in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge, and foster constructive dialogue and seek resolution when confronted with disagreement. They are also expected to mentor more junior engineers and be security through leader for their organization. Amazon's Leadership Principles of "Dive Deep", "Earn Trust", and "Customer Obsession" will be called upon daily, so a successful candidate will need a combination of technical and communication skills, as well as the ability to handle a mix of complex decisions while keeping customer security first!
• Design, build and test Software Solutions for the AppSec Review program.
• Provide software development expertise in support of AWS Security
• Directly represent the team to business leader and technical staff at all levels of the company
• Demonstrate "exceptional" judgment, integrity, business acumen, and communication skills.
• Prepare and present detailed, written technical information for internal and external audiences.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
**This role is open to alternative locations including: New York, NY Boston, MA Seattle, WA - Herndon, VA Arlington, VA Baltimore, MD San Luis Obispo, CA San Diego, CA
• 3+ years' experience in software development
• 3+ years' experience in Java, Python, C#, Ruby on Rails, or C++ development
• Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent work experience
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Experience with full-stack software development - from UI to infrastructure and working in a Linux / Unix environment.
• Experience working with serverless architectures, developing complex enterprise-focused applications and object oriented design.
• Data-driven and quantitative mentality. Always backs up ideas with facts.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis.
• Prior experience designing and implementing large-scale distributed systems.
• Experience with scalable, API-based agent or service oriented software architecture.
• Desire and energy to work in an energizing environment.
• Experience with agile development or similar methodologies for continuous development of product and technology.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top