Software Engineer - Search Data Aggregator (SDA) team
- Bengaluru, India
Have you used the search box on Amazon.com or any of our mobile apps? If so, our team helped make sure you got those results! We're looking for inventive people to help us make the search experience even better.
The Search Data Aggregator (SDA) team ensures that products are correctly indexed in Amazon's search engine so that customers can find what they want. We are the crucial connection between Amazon's immense and ever-changing product catalog and the search indexes that customers use to find those products. We're involved whenever new kinds of products need to be added to the search index, and we help teams improve the way customers find what they're looking for. We work to find new ways of improving the accuracy of the indexed data and to improve the efficiency of translating the item catalog into an indexable form.
We're building a new group in India that will help us keep pace with Amazon's rapid innovation. This group will take ownership of critical Amazon Search ingestion/index related systems and collaborate with other teams in the process. It will work toward transforming our system into a scalable, automated and easily maintainable pipeline service.
As a software developer on our team, you will propose ideas during consultations, design and write code to implement technical solutions to complex problems, analyze customer behavior and interact with members across multiple teams. Engineers on our team have proposed ideas that have improved customers experience and generated millions of dollars in revenue.
If you like thinking big and have the drive to make things happen, then we should talk. Join us to help make Amazon's search experience even better!
• 6 or more years of experience in software development.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/related field or equivalent work experience.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++ or other object-oriented languages.
• 3+ years of experience contributing to architecture and design (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new or existing systems.
• Exposure to highly available and scalable distributed systems
• Experience with full stack development
• Exposure to concepts related to Search and Data Ingestion
Back to top