Are you interested in shaping the future of movies and television and providing Prime Video Live customers? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching? Prime Video is one of the leading digital video services on the Internet today, and we're just getting started. The Prime Video Ads team owns services that integrate with ad decision systems, handle dynamic transcoding and stitching of ad creatives using client/server side ad insertion (CSAI/SSAI) across HLS/DASH/SS streaming protocols. We helped launch Thursday Night Football and CBS All Access (with ads) on Prime Video and powered the tech of IMDB TV.
The team is chartered to design large scale systems to power the live and VoD streams with ads viewed by a massive audience daily, and you will help bring customers streaming video view experience to a new level. As an engineer in a relatively new team, you will have the opportunity to work on challenging problems in the low latency/high throughput domain of dynamic ad insertion for Live Sports and Video on demand.
The systems you design and build will be in the core path of video delivery to Prime Video customers worldwide. We leverage Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies including AWS CloudFront, EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, SNS, SQS and internal AWS incubator technologies.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience with critical, 24x7 systems.
• Experience with high throughput, multi-threaded systems
• Experience developing web services, or other large scale distributed systems
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience and knowledge of media container and codec formats, video streaming protocols, encoding tools, is a plus.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.