Software Engineer, Personalization, Tools
- New York, NY
Recommendations Service is the backbone of personalization at Amazon. Each second, our service receives hundreds of thousands of requests and ultimately decides what is displayed to the customer and what isn't. Our mission is to enable teams to quickly launch new, innovative customer experiences. We do this by building self-service tools and maintaining a highly available backend service. As an engineer on the Recommendations Service Tools team, you will own the experience that thousands of internal users use to onboard, configure, and test their integration. Providing transparency of a complex content processing chain in a digestible user interface is no simple task. We're using ReactJS, TypeScript, and AWS Serverless technologies for a top-tier developer experience that allows us to achieve this at a blistering pace. You'll have opportunities to work with the Recommendations Service Operational Excellence team to drive backend service changes that enable new features as well.
If you are excited about enabling hundreds of teams to launch new personalization experiments, working with modern full-stack technologies, and want to have massive impact on millions of customers, this is the job for you. We are building the next generation of personalization that powers the largest internet retailer on Earth.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• 3+ years of software development experience
• Experience with React/Typescript and AWS serverless constructs
• BS/MS in Computer Science or other engineering discipline
• Industry experience related to distributed computing and large scale services
• Strong product management skills, you naturally put yourself in your customer's shoes
• Highly motivated self-starter, you thrive with minimal oversight
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top