Come help us personalize the Amazon shopping experience by building our big data platform and delivering exciting greenfield projects to millions of customers! We blend customer feedback, business data, science, algorithms, and engineering to provide real-time personalized shopping recommendations and features. This is a unique opportunity to build exciting new experiences for Amazon's global customers. You will join a diverse team with a high impact charter primed for rapid career growth.
About our organization:
Consider the following problem: every day, millions of customers with unique interests and needs come to Amazon looking for products out of a catalog of over a billion items. Not only do we need to decide what content would be most helpful to customers, we also need to optimize the same. The Personalization organization within Amazon is responsible for the secret sauce that not only made Amazon the industry pioneer in building recommender systems at scale, but is also continuing to help raise the bar for building delightful and highly personalized shopping experiences.
About our team:
We use tons of data, anecdotes, and experiments to identify opportunities to improve customer experiences. Operating as a mini startup within Amazon, we prefer rapid prototyping over long drawn release cycles. We also run a prolific number of A/B tests each year to accurately measure the impact of our features. We quickly reject ideas that fail and double down on those that work. Our projects are born from the ground up and engineers have complete autonomy to pitch ideas and lead them to completion. Our team has a diverse charter, with opportunities to work on front end, backend and machine learning. As a result, engineers on the team enjoy the flexibility to go broad or deep in any of the domains.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 5+ years or relevant work experience.
- 1+ years of front end engineering experience
- While we're happy to accommodate remote work in the short term, the role requires eventual relocation to Seattle, WA.
* Experience with responsive and mobile design, as well as cross-browser development and testing.
Experience building rich data-driven web applications by consuming RESTful services and APIs.
Experience working with distributed systems and high throughput low latency services.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.