Software Engineer, Machine Learning Systems
- Seattle, WA
Our mission is to prevent denied parties from transacting with Amazon businesses. We build automated mechanisms to detect and prevent prohibited transactions with the denied parties using a diverse set of algorithms and machine learning (ML) techniques. We screen over a half a billion events every day, integrate with Tier 1 systems and deal with unique scaling and TPS challenges. We are still day 1 and have an exciting road map to build world-class alert management and investigation framework to help scale Amazon for years to come.
We are looking for an outstanding software engineer who has the passion for working on challenging problems from the very early stages. Together with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, ML scientists, and subject domain experts, you will help define our customer experience and protect Amazon brand. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are technical and innovative, and looking for an opportunity to build systems and solutions optimized for relationships (or graph), we want to talk to you.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical discipline
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
• 3+ years of experience in software design and development
• Exposure to Machine Learning/deep learning projects
• Experience with various AWS technologies
• Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top