Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Job Overview The Amazon Robotics software team is developing a complex material handling service oriented software system for deployment across a network of large-scale Amazon Order Fulfillment Centers...
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience developing object-oriented software and/or automation frameworks and automated tests, possess good communication skills, and enjoy problem solving both independently and in team settings.
You will be responsible for:
• Helping to drive the automation testing strategy throughout the engineering organization
• Developing automation test frameworks and automated functional tests to provide end-to-end smoke and regression test coverage
• Triaging test failures and producing triaging reports
• Writing system and feature-based test plans from functional specifications
• Executing complex test plans with an understanding of how to build new coverage into the existing automation test suite.
• Collaborating with development organizations to understand how development changes affect ongoing test automation efforts
• Gathering metrics and providing test coverage analysis based on automated test results
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years relevant work experience
• Expertise in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience building and designing test cases
• Experience with testing methodologies (unit, Scrum)
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience developing automated tests of service-oriented architecture (SOA) applications
• Experience with web services and databases, preferably Oracle and SQL
• Knowledge of scripting languages (bash, python, etc.)
• Experience using Java unit testing environments (Junit, TestNG)
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and minorities to apply