Software Engineer in Test
- Beijing, China
Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital display advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon.com, across our other owned and operated sites, on other high-quality sites across the web, and on millions of Kindles, tablets, and mobile devices. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you're interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you've come to the right place.
Amazon Publisher Services (APS) helps digital publishers around the world build and grow thriving businesses. We utilize Amazon's Advertising technology to provide monetization services to many of the global top 100 web, mobile app, OTT (streaming video) and audio publishers with advertising from Amazon and other programmatic buyers. APS server-side header bidding solutions are fast and reliable across devices, handling billions of queries per day, delivering ads in milliseconds. The result is more profitable advertising for publishers and more relevant ads for customers.
• Define, design and implement test automation programs using Java, Ruby, SQL and scripting languages
• Build new tools and improve existing test infrastructure to increase automation coverage.
• Develop testing plans, strategies, automation tools and frameworks for large distributed systems
• Improve the quality of our services and custom integrations for customers
Impact and Career Growth:
• Develop tools to assure quality of ad technologies that will reach millions of Amazon customers
• Be part of a small, agile team pioneering new technology for audio advertising
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 2+ years of professional software development experience (excluding internships) in testing or quality assurance roles
• 2+ years of experience testing server-based applications, web services or REST-based APIs.
• 2+ years of experience developing test automation using open source tools.
• Programming experience in object-oriented languages or scripting languages (Java, Python, Ruby, Perl, and SQL), distributed systems and Unix-based systems
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, experience in an SDET role testing complex software systems
• Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, and physical devices
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Working knowledge of online advertising/ad-tech concepts (DSPs, SSPs, RTB protocol etc.)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top