Are you excited to solve problems at the cutting edge of cloud computing? Do you want to build and own services providing some of the key features at the core of Amazon's Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2) infrastructure? Do you want to work hard, have fun, and make history? If so come work for us in VMware cloud on AWS!
We are rapidly expanding our team to meet our fast growing needs. Our team is looking for talented software engineers to help us build new innovative features driving the future of cloud computing, and the tools to help us operate in this space.
We want people who are passionate about writing software for hybrid cloud. If you are an engineer with a solid background of delivering innovative solutions, then this is your opportunity to own major deliverables and all aspects of the development cycle: scoping, design, implementation, and testing. You will be encouraged to exercise your judgment in proactively determining and recommending the best features, designs, and support models based on business objectives, timelines, and resource constraints.
This is your opportunity to own major deliverables and all aspects of the development cycle: scoping, design, implementation, and testing. You will be encouraged to exercise your judgment in proactively determining and recommending the best features, designs, and support models based on business objectives, timelines, and resource constraints.
• Work closely with product management and customers to holistically understand business and user requirements; Continuously improve own products to provide software which users really love to work with
• Break down high level use cases into concrete technical implementation steps and identify the best solution for a given problem
• Responsible for end-to-end feature development from requirements, design and development, test, maintenance and support of software artifacts
• Architecture, design, proof-of-concepts and implement projects end to end with high quality.
• Ability to handle complex projects, large area of scope and complete ownership.
• Communicating with customers, technical teams and defining technical strategy.
• Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with management and development team in bringing new technologies
• Develop and mentor other team members
Inclusive Team Culture: Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work / Life Balance: Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life - both in and outside of work.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every 2.5 months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the
root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship / Career Growth: Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field
• System level coding experience with C/C++/RUST
• Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience developing complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Experiencing mentoring junior software development engineers and driving engineering excellence
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us