Software Engineer II
- Bellevue, WA
Are you interested in building product and services to power business insights into one of the fastest-growing industries in the world?
As a Software Development Engineer on the DSP Performance team, you will join a diverse team of really smart and fun loving engineers and build analytics pipelines, APIs and user interfaces to process mountains of data and provide critical business insights to Delivery Service Partners (DSPs). You will help shape the technical foundation and solve complex business and technical problems. It's no secret that Amazon relies on its technology to deliver millions of packages every day to its customers on time, with low cost. Our Last Mile technology division builds software solutions that work across our vendors, delivery stations and carriers to optimize both time & cost of getting packages into the hands of our customers.
This remains a fast-growing business, and our technical journey has only started. With rapid expansion into new geographies, unique delivery models for products ranging from Fresh groceries to big-screen TV's, and growing number of shipments worldwide, we will need innovative solutions to scale our software to meet these opportunities. Our engineers love listening to customers, working as a team, and proactively solving problems whenever necessary. If you want to work on hard problems at scale, deliver world-wide innovations, and find new ways to create great customer experiences, then we want to talk to you about joining our DSP Performance team.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Experience taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets
As this position plays a central role in providing a great partner experience for our delivery partners, such as Amazon Flex drivers or Delivery Service Partners, the ideal candidate is passionate about creating highly available and highly fault tolerant services and workflows. Knowledge of Big Data technologies like Apache Spark is added advantage. This position also works with other teams across Amazon, and the ideal candidate will have good interpersonal skills with effective verbal and written communication.
Back to top