Do you want to re-invent how 10s of millions of people watch TV?
Amazon Fire TV is the #1 streaming media player with over 50MM monthly active users. Our Fire TV mission is to make watching TV effortless and fun for customers to enjoy all of their entertainment so it becomes part of their daily habit for relaxing, being entertained, and spending time with family and friends.
The Fire TV Advertising team combines advertising and mobile technologies, smart TVs and Alexa to help our customers discover and engage with content and help Amazon lower prices. We operate at Amazon scale, designing and deploying software that is enjoyed by over 37MM active users globally. We solve significant customer problems in the consumer electronics space through devices, mobile applications, computer vision, and machine learning.
We are looking for an innovative Sr. Software Development Engineer who wants to have outsize impact. As a Sr. Software Engineer on this team, you will define and build innovative consumer product experiences with a direct impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of flagship products that customers love and use every day. You'll be part of a triple digit growth opportunity working with talented engineers to build delightful user experiences and full-stack technology and services (including customer experience) that must scale to support millions of users. The ideal candidate will have industry-leading programming skills, and be conversant up the software stack.
Your opportunities with our team will include:
• Build full-stack technology and services that must scale to support millions of users we operate at Amazon scale, designing and deploying software that is enjoyed by millions of customers globally.
• Inventing a delightful experience for our customers that utilizes Android, Alexa technologies, cloud services, frontend and backend technologies.
• Defining and implementing novel customer experiences and product direction through collaboration with Product, UX and other engineering teams.
• Delivering high quality software through working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment.
This position is based in Sunnyvale, CA. Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline. • 3+ years of experience as an embedded systems design engineer. • 2+ years of experience building applications on cloud based technology such as AWS. • Experience in Java or Python. • Knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field. • Strong coding, algorithm, and debugging fundamentals. • Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining a high volume embedded system. • Experience with search technology, such as elastic search. • Experience developing on cloud based infrastructure. • Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team. • Willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done. • Positive attitude and professional demeanor. • Passion for digital entertainment, including TV and Movies.