Software Engineer, Digital Advertising
Amazon's display marketing team is seeking a Software Engineer to enable data-driven customer and performance insights for our mobile and web digital advertising programs. Amazon's digital advertising programs, and our Ad Platform, is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses. We operate on a massive scale (processing over 10B new events per day); and collaborate with teams and services across Amazon to ingest additional customer insight data. Our measurement team is focused on understanding the impact Amazon's digital advertising has on our customers and how we can improve relevance and discoverability of new products. We work with open source technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, and Presto, as well as AWS services like Elastic Map Reduce, Redshift, Kinesis, and DynamoDB. Be part of a team of industry leading experts that builds and operates one of the largest big data analytics platforms at Amazon. If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you!
Amazon's Ad Platform supports both Amazon's own marketing efforts and our third party advertising services. Our platform consists of integrated inventory, ad delivery, and metrics/analytics service (M3), and is one of the largest and most sophisticated ad platforms in the industry. Our team focuses on developing the capabilities to support Amazon's own unique advertising measurement needs and our top strategic programs. Our team develops the mechanisms to ingest new data signals, enable attribution against strategic success events, and automate measurement. In partnership with other analytics and research science teams within Amazon, we develop the systems to automate the calculation of the total value of our advertising and strive to develop the most accurate models for understanding how we influence customers.
We are seeking a strong engineer who can validate our success metrics, shape our strategies, and identify untapped opportunities. To be successful in this role you will need to be innovative in your thinking, effective at cross-team collaboration, experienced in working with data service teams, and have a solid understanding of data flows. You will need to be comfortable working with complex challenges, appreciate white space, and understand the value of rapid test and learn approaches. You will need to be savvy about leveraging large data sets and using a broad range of statistical, data mining, and scripting technologies.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 4+ years professional experience in software development.
- Computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design.
- Computer science proficiency in data structures, system design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Experience with at least 1 modern programming language (i.e. Java, C, C++, C#, Python).
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical design.
- Experience in databases, analytics, big data systems or business intelligence products
- Experience mentoring and training other engineers
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top