- New York, NY
Are you interested in building AWS AI services that use cutting edge ML technology? Want to make a significant impact in the daily lives of AWS customers? We are a brand new team at AWS developing a new external facing service that are solving hard AI problems.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer (SDE) with strong computer algorithms fundamentals and an interest in working in machine learning and complex engineering problems. You will work with an experienced team of scientists and engineers on an innovative AI product.
You will be someone who thrives in a fast-paced start-up like environment, and passionate about solving ambiguous, challenging problems that have not been solved before.
As a SDE on the team, you will:
• Solve engineering and ML problems and will build robust and scalable solutions, learning and incorporating new technologies as appropriate.
• Participate in the architecture, development, testing, deployment, and delivery of large-scale global software applications, systems, platforms, services or technologies.
• Build your special skillset working at the intersection of science and engineering.
You can find out more here: https://aws.amazon.com/kendra/
• BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, data structure, and complexity analysis
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and databases
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
• Knowledge of building on AWS systems
• Understanding of core ML techniques and general knowledge of NLP
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Back to top