Software Engineer (CV or A/V)
As a Software Development Engineer (SDE II) you have the chance to help develop a new product from the very early stages. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast paced start-up like environment, love to learn new technologies and dive deep to own and invent the future.
Our team is looking for a software engineer to build core systems for an exciting new initiative. These systems span low-latency video and audio streaming, computer vision (object detection, neural networks, etc.) and distributed systems. You will help define systems specs, design and iterate on early prototypes, and help create a novel user experience. You'll collaborate closely with research scientists and user (UX) researchers to help define the scope of a product. As an early team member, you will take responsibility for technical problem solving, creatively meeting product objectives, help with hiring, and developing best practices. You will demonstrate cross-functional resource interaction to accomplish your goals. You will play a role in defining processes and methods to improve the productivity of the entire team. You will identify and initiate investigations of new technologies, prototype and test solutions for product features, and design and validate designs that deliver an exceptional user experience.
The ideal candidate is someone who's committed to team work, who enjoys working on complex software systems, is customer-centric, and thrives on the challenge of prototyping new systems that will eventually operate at world-wide scale.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience building low-latency video/audio streaming systems, or; experience developing computer vision algorithms and/or software for commercial or industrial applications
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- Codecs like H.264, H.265/HEVC, VP8, VP9, Opus
- Adaptive Bit Rate technologies
- Experience developing tools to acquire, annotate and evaluate video and image data
- Source control, code reviews, and bug tracking systems
- Experience building custom UI's and visualization tools
- Bandwidth estimation and media rate adaptation
- Knowledge of packet loss recovery and error resilience
- Challenging assignments with aggressive schedules
- Direct involvement in computer vision solutions shipped in a commercial product
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top