Interested in making Machine accessible to developers at scale? Amazon Comprehend is a () service that uses machine to find insights and relationships in text. At Amazon Comprehend we build machine features to help you uncover the insights and relationships in your unstructured data. The service identifies the of the text; extracts key phrases, places, people, brands, or events; understands how positive or negative the text is; detects and redacts personally identifiable information (PII); and automatically organizes a collection of text files by topic. Comprehend offers AutoML capabilities to build a custom set of entities or text classification models that are tailored uniquely for your use cases.
As a software development engineer, you will play a key role in innovating in the space of , building compelling features for the Amazon Comprehend Service. You will be required to collaborate across a team of engineers, scientists and data engineers to design, develop, test, and deploy and based features. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing , a strong technical ability, experience in machine , great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Programming experience with at least one modern such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelors, Masters or Ph.D degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 2+ years professional experience in software development of multi-threaded, scalable and highly-available demonstrating object-oriented design, data structures, and high-performance computing.
• 2+ years in, at least, one modern programming such as Java, Python, C/C++, C#.
• 3+ years professional experience in software development of multi-threaded, scalable and highly-available systems
• 3+ years in, at least, one modern programming such as Java, Python, C/C++, C#.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with highly , multi-tenet with clear state-full/state-less boundaries.
• Experience with machine , , data mining, and/or statistical analysis tools such as Python, Numpy and MATLAB/Octave.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.