- Seattle, WA
Do you want to build a brand new service in the Cloud? Do you have a passion for solving complex problems? Do you want to be involved in the future of cloud computing?
The Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) Networking team is looking for an experienced software engineer for building a brand new service offering. You would be among the first engineers as part of the new team that will build a new service. This is a great opportunity for you to interact directly with customers and influence in defining and building a new service from scratch.
The ideal candidate for our team will be passionate about the large opportunity that Amazon EC2 present and about "Cloud Computing" in general. He or she will have a strong design and implementation experience, in-depth knowledge of distributed system architectures, good understanding of networking and security protocols and experience leading other engineers.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in designing and building multi-threaded and highly available applications in Java/C/C++
• Passionate problem solver, self starter and willing to dive deep into unfamiliar and existing code base.
• Troubleshooting and debugging production issues.
• Writing automated unit, integration and regression tests.
• Scripting in either python, bash or ruby on linux.
• Have a good understanding of distributed systems
• MS in Computer Science or related field
• Experience in Security/Networking related protocols
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
Back to top