Do you want to build a brand new service in the Cloud? Do you have a passion for solving complex problems? Do you want to be involved in the future of cloud computing?
The Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) Networking team is looking for an experienced software engineer for building a brand new service offering. You would be among the first engineers as part of the new team that will build a new service. This is a great opportunity for you to interact directly with customers and influence in defining and building a new service from scratch.
The ideal candidate for our team will be passionate about the large opportunity that Amazon EC2 present and about "Cloud Computing" in general. He or she will have a strong design and implementation experience, in-depth knowledge of distributed system architectures, good understanding of networking and security protocols and experience leading other engineers.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in designing and building multi-threaded and highly available applications in Java/C/C++
• Passionate problem solver, self starter and willing to dive deep into unfamiliar and existing code base.
• Troubleshooting and debugging production issues.
• Writing automated unit, integration and regression tests.
• Scripting in either python, bash or ruby on linux.
• Have a good understanding of distributed systems
• MS in Computer Science or related field
• Experience in Security/Networking related protocols
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.