Software Engineer - AWS Networking [Control Plane]
Do you want to shape the future of network infrastructure and fuel the world's largest public cloud?
Amazon Web Services is looking for Software Development Engineers to build highly available fault-tolerant distributed network systems for AWS network infrastructure. Our team is redefining how we think about networking and infrastructure, enabling our internal and external customers to scale without limit. The AWS network continues to grow exponentially and must be ever more reliable. We are reaching the limits of traditional network protocols, so we are building the next generation cloud network control plane. Software engineers in the team innovate and solve the hardest problems in scale, availability and performance.
On this team, you will work with some of the best minds in the industry, people who defined and continue to define cloud computing. You will design and build software for next generation distributed network products/services, as well as the components of the system that operate and power the world's largest network infrastructure. Your system components will be critical to data center fabrics, data center interconnect networks, Internet peering and more. AWS operates clusters of data centers in a dozen regions around the world: your work will have global impact.
We are looking for individuals who are self-starters and highly motivated to make a difference.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and developing network control plane software for highly scaled networks, using SDN and traditional routing/switching solutions.
- Influencing the team, setting the right architectural standards, and setting standard for organization/industry.
- Working with management, customers and development team to develop state of the art solutions, incorporating new technologies and innovations.
- Being hands-on with end-to-end product life cycle: from defining the product strategy, design, develop to deployment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet
Visit www.amazon.jobs for more information.
- Bachelor's Degree in CS/EE or equivalent and 5 or more years of professional experience
- Or, Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and 2 or more years of professional experience
- Coding skills in C/C++, Python
- Experience with designing and building large-scale systems
- Multi-threaded programming
- Deep experience with Software Development Life Cycle
- Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, asynchronous architectures and distributed algorithms.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top